Appsflyer Mobile Tracking Integration
This article will show you:
- How to integrate Appsflyer into your Partnerize campaigns
- How to capture Appsflyer activity within the Partnerize platform
Appsflyer is a mobile measurement solution that provides advertisers with the necessary tooling in order to provide their users with an enhanced mobile experience.
When an advertiser opts to work with Appsflyer, the default method of deep linking and tracking is changed, with the reliance instead being on Appsflyer, and because of this, an integration with Appsflyer is required in order to tie Partnerize and Appsflyer together.
The integration can be split into the following steps;
- Enablement of the Partnerize integration
- Embedding the Appsflyer tracking link
- Capture of Partnerize referred in-app purchases
Enablement of the Partnerize integration
First, the Partnerize integration must be enabled within Appsflyer so that Appsflyer knows where the data is coming from, so as to then know where to attribute any further information.
- Login to the Appsflyer platform
- Go to Configuration ➤ Integrated Partners
- Search for Partnerize and enable the integration
- Ensure the integration is enabled for in-app event postbacks
- Click on Permissions and ensure the following are enabled;
- Permission to view integration
- Permission to control postback configuration
Embedding the Appsflyer tracking link
Now you've activated the Partnerize integration, you need to embed the Appsflyer tracking link into your Partnerize campaign in order to redirect your traffic through to Appsflyer.
You will now need to generate a cross-platform OneLink, which is a single link which can be used across all of your apps.
- From the Appsflyer dashboard, click on Link Management
- Now click on Add Custom Attribution Link
- Select Multi Platform OneLink
- Here, you can now fill in your link information;
Link name The name can be anything, we'd recommend using Partnerize in here to make it easily distinguishable across all of your other links OneLink template Select the template of which you would link the OneLink to be based around. If you don't have a OneLink template, you will have to create one which you can do in OneLink Templates from the dashboard Media Source Here, you need to insert partnerize. This is the most important step as this is what will attribute all in-app events back to Partnerize Re-Targeting Campaign Toggle this value on Advanced > Customize Lookback Window Map this value to the same value as your cookie period
- When complete, click on Generate Link
- Now copy the content of the Long Link and head over to the Partnerize platform
- Go to the settings of your campaign you wish to integrate with Appsflyer
- Paste the Appsflyer tracking link you just copied from the previous step into the Prepend URL input field
- Add the following to the link;
Which should make your complete link look something like this;
- The click attribution is done via the __CLICKREF__ parameter which is what Appsflyer uses to tie subsequent events to and send that information back to Partnerize.
- The destination handling is done via the __DESTINATION__ parameter, which is what Appsflyer will inject into the App to resolve the in-app user journey.
- Only Universal Linking methods or deep linking are supported by the Partnerize integration. Custom URI schemes (e.g. partnerize://) are not supported.
Capture of Partnerize referred in-app purchases
Now you have enabled the Partnerize integration and have setup the redirection of all Partnerize campaign traffic through Appsflyer, the only thing left to do is for Appsflyer to tell Partnerize when a sale occurs in-app on the back of a Partnerize click.
Fortunately, Appsflyer will do this automatically and the only thing you need to do is enable the Appsflyer integration within Partnerize and setup the relevant data mappings.
Determine the data mappings
The Appsflyer integration guide recommends that items are sent through in list format, which is also the method supported by the Partnerize Appsflyer module.
For example, if you have the following in-app Purchase event setup with Appsflyer which sends the following data to the Appsflyer event;
The mappings of the above data would resolve to;
|Appsflyer Key||Partnerize Key|
Once you have determined the appropriate data mappings from you Appsflyer purchases, you can then pass these onto our support team in the next step.
Enable the Appsflyer integration
- Contact our support team to enable the Appsflyer integration for your campaign
- Provide the team with your data mappings
If the above has been setup correctly, you should start to see in-app events appearing in the Partnerize console.
❗TOP TIP: Rather than setting the Appsflyer tracking link for your whole campaign, you can test with a single partner by clicking on "Partners" and selecting your partner of choice, then click "Campaign overrides" and adding the tracking link to the "Prepend Click URL" which will only impact that single partner and not every partner on your campaign
For any additional information, please reach out to our support team.