Partnerize Salesforce Commerce Cloud Integration
This article will review:
- How the Partnerize Salesforce Commerce Cloud Integration functions
- How to install the cartridge and enable all features
- What tracking features are included
- Access to additional technical documentation
Partnerize has a LINK cartridge with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) which allows brands that use SFCC as their eCommerce platform to easily integrate their conversion tracking using a pre-built cartridge. This integration uses a 1st party cookie tracking solution via a Partnerize tag. This ensures that the brand’s tracking is not reliant on 3rd party cookies, and is therefore ITP (and equivalent) compliant.
The cartridge enables brands to create and enable a Partnerize tag, which is then implemented onto all site pages. The integration also implements a conversion tracking pixel to trigger at checkout, and automatically reads the transactional data from SFCC to easily format the data, to be able to send it to Partnerize for purchase tracking, which reduces the need for any complex integration and development work.
In addition to conversion tracking, the integration can also be enabled to handle the validation of transactions, based on the transaction statuses within SFCC.
The cartridge is designed for SFCC API version 21.3 (Compatibility Mode: 19.10) with:
- SG version 105.1.0
- SFRA version 5.3.0
The cartridge is designed with US locale but multi-locale and multi-currency support.
Before the cartridge can be configured for usage, the cartridge must first be installed onto the brands SFCC site. For detailed instructions on how to install the SFCC Partnerize cartridge, click here.
Once the cartridge has been installed, the configuration settings must be applied.
Before configuring the cartridge, the below information is required, which can be obtained via the Partnerize platform:
- Application API Key (Settings > Account Settings > User Application Key)
- User API Key (Settings > Account Settings > User API Key)
- Brand ID (Settings > Brand Settings > Advertiser ID)
- Campaign ID - This will be provided by the Partnerize Integrations Team
If access to the Partnerize platform is required, contact your Partnerize Customer Success Manager for more information.
Once this information had been obtained:
- Navigate to Business Manager
- Navigate to Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences:
- Select Partnerize from the list. This will display the cartridge configuration settings:
- Set ‘Enable Partnerize’ to ‘Yes’
- Input the Partnerize Application API Key, User API Key, Brand ID and Campaign ID
- Save the changes
Create and enable Partnerize tag
- Navigate to Business Manager
- Navigate to Merchant Tools > Partnerize > Create Partnerize tag:
- Click Request and Apply Partnerize tag:
- The Partnerize tag will be created, and a tag URL will be displayed:
- The tag will take approximately 15 minutes to propagate
- No further steps are required to implement the tag. Upon creation, it will automatically be implemented to all site pages
- To check the successful creation, navigate to Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences > Partnerize:
Conversion Tracking Pixel
As part of the configuration, the Partnerize conversion pixel will also be implemented onto the brand website check out page, and will fire unconditionally (i.e. it will fire for ALL sales). Therefore, the brand must ensure that there is a process in place for any cross channel duplication.
The pixel will automatically read transactional data at check out, and format the pixel. Example pixel below:
If a Partnerize clickref has been set in the local storage cookie, the clickref will be retrieved and added to the pixel:
Campaigns must have S2S tracking enabled to ensure that the Partnerize clickref is generated.
Once the tags are deployed, they should be tested by submitting a test transaction via the brand’s live website. A non session test should be performed, which simulates a returning customer who originally followed a partner link but purchased at a later date. Providing the sale is made within the cookie period of the brand, the transaction should track successfully.
- Follow a test partner link. To obtain a link, go to the ‘Partners’ section of the Partnerize platform, locate the ‘test’ partner account, copy the tracking link and paste it into the browser window. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot locate the link
- Let browser load page
- Once loaded, exit browser
- Reopen browser and go directly to brand site without following test link
- Purchase multiple items (if applicable)
- Save order number with purchase costs
- Provide source code from thank you page and order/transaction ID to email@example.com
- Transactions is recorded in the Partnerize dashboard
- All parameters are populated correctly, and that the conversion call is correctly formatted. The following parameters should be checked closely:
- Value - Ensure that this is populated with the NET item value for each item
- Currency - Ensure that this is populated with the correct currency used at point of sale
- Clickref - Check that the most recent clickref has been passed into the parameter
- Check that the tracking solution has been fired from the live confirmation page
The Partnerize SFCC cartridge can also be configured to process transaction validations between SFCC and Partnerize, to ensure that transaction statuses are in sync across the two platforms. For example, if an order status in SFCC has been set to confirmed, the conversion status can be automatically updated to ‘approved’ within the Partnerize system, via the PartnerizeOrderSync job within SFCC.
The cartridge will only handle full returns (i.e. all items within an order have been returned). Partial returns would need to be handled manually via Partnerize platform.
To enable the PartnerizeOrderSync job:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Jobs
- Select the PartnerizeOrderSync job
- Go Job Steps > select the sites that the job should be enabled for > Click Assign:
The PartnerizeOrderSync job then needs to be enabled and scheduled:
- Within the PartnerizeOrderSync job, navigate to Schedule and History
- Check Enabled
- Select the frequency for how often the job should be triggered to sync the orders across the two systems
- Click Save. The job is then enabled:
- Request a campaign_id from the Partnerize Integration team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not already have this.
- Install the SFCC cartridge and apply all configuration settings using the instructions above. Inform the Partnerize Integration team once this has been completed
- Perform testing using the above instructions - Transactions will need to be submitted via the brand’s live website, so that the implementation can be fully tested.
If you have any technical questions with regards to this document, please contact our onboarding specialists at email@example.com